Thunderbolt security flaw, Zoom buys Keybase.
• Why the ThunderSpy Thunderbolt security flaw is such a big deal
• Zoom purchases Keybase to fix encryption
• Firefox 76 released with new features
• But Firefox 76 broke Amazon’s Assistant!
• Hallelujah!! Edge moves to silence those annoying notification requests.
• Critical WordPress plugin bugs present on over one million sites
• Critical vBulletin patch
• Samsung has patched a CRITICAL bug affecting the past 6 years of Smartphones
• DefCon and Black Hat 2020 go virtual
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-766-Notes.pdf
Hosts: Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve’s site: https://grc.com/ also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.