Clearview AI, Windows 7 Won’t Shut Down
• Twitter, Google, and Facebook tell Clearview AI to stop stealing your face to catch crooks
• The NIST is testing methods to recover data from smashed smartphones
• Whoa! We get to REMAIN with Security Essentials under Windows 7!
• Microsoft drops a fix for the wallpaper stretch black screen
• Windows 7 users are being told: “You don’t have permission to shut down this computer.”
• Win10 Firefox users being “reminded” about Edge
• Last week Google closed an Android RCE flaw in the BlueTooth daemon.
• Data Exfiltration Technique of the Week
• CIA Uses Crypto AG to spy on the world
• Chrome 80 appeared last week with its implementation of the updated handling of the optional “SameSite” enforcement cookie property
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-753-Notes.pdf
Hosts: Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve’s site: https://grc.com/ also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.