In the final plenary panel of the day, representatives from NetSafe New Zealand, Twitter, GSMA, the Mercatus Center, and the App Association discussed The Future of Online Safety Policy, taking an international look at the impact of online safety policies such as Europe’s GDPR and Section 230 in the US. The strengths and weaknesses of algorithms were discussed, as well as the need for strategic and forward-looking approaches to content moderation and crisis response for online platforms.
– Morgan Reed, ACT: The App Association (Moderator)
– Martin Cocker, Netsafe New Zealand
– Lauren Culbertson, Twitter
– Jennifer Huddleston, Mercatus Center
– Natasha Jackson, GSM Association