Hacking Win 7 Updates, VPN-geddon
This Week’s Stories
• Microsoft has started forcing feature updates on people who don’t want them.
• Bypass to continue obtaining Win7 updates created.
• Microsoft’s Project Verona continues moving forward.
• Microsoft’s RDP client for iOS is back.
• Avast / AVG in the doghouse.
• Making a mountain out of a VPN molehill.
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-744-Notes.pdf
Hosts: Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve’s site: https://grc.com/ also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.